The Client’s Challenge:
GSM Nation is a website where consumers purchase manufacturer-unlocked phones that can be used with any network. They sign up for significantly less expensive voice, text, and data plans through third-party carriers such as H20 Wireless or Simple Mobile – with no multi-year contracts. With less than $500,000 in funding, Astonish Media Group raised the awareness of the CEO to leverage the next funding round.
The campaign is built around the charisma and technical expertise of company CEO Ahmed Khattak, centering on insider business media, with some local television. Raising the profile of Ahmed Khattak and establishing him as a thought leader were the tent poles of the fundraising efforts.
- Feature on CEO Ahmed Khattak in Forbes – They’re Young And Smart–And You Probably Couldn’t Pay Them Enough To Work At Your Company.
- CEO Ahmed Khattak on the cover of Entrepreneur
- Feature in Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Feature inGigaOM.
- Feature on Fox Business.
- Featured in Local CT News and Television.
- After 6 months, redirected funds to cover SEO for direct GSMNation.com Sales.
- Media garnered helped Ahmed raise $700,000 for next startup venture.