Bake Me A Wish! is an online retailer that sells cakes. It began in 2005 as the premiere nationwide service for gourmet birthday cake delivery. Their cakes are made with only the finest, freshest ingredients by their award-winning New York bakeries. Over the past decade, they've grown to offer more and more of the finest bakery gifts available including gourmet cookies, brownies, cupcakes, pies and quiches.
- Less than $1 Million in funding
- There are many online bakeries and cakes
Increased sales in less than two years
Bake Me A Wish! had the idea to send cakes to soldiers serving overseas. Astonish created a creative and compelling story angle and pitch around this idea.
- A soldier sending a cake home to mom for Mother’s Day
- Spouse at home sends a Birthday cake to his/her spouse serving overseas for – there is nothing more heart-warming to remind you of HOME than a birthday cake
- A mother or father serving overseas gets a Mother’s Day or Father’s Day cake in the war zone while serving
- Astonish leveraged partnership with The Armed Forces Foundation and Soldier’s Angels
- Astonish gathered real stories from military families, wives, husbands, and children regionally across the country
- B-roll video was developed to service local and national TV
- Soldiers overseas sent video and pictures when a cake was received in war zones. This was leveraged for media.
- BakeMeAWish appeared twice on The Today Show
- Good Morning America
- Rachael Ray
- CNN Anderson Cooper
- People Magazine
- USA Today
- FOX NEWS